January 22, 2012

Simple Sunday Joys

Hello Everyone!

You know what I think? I think Disney is so awesome. Disney movies really do make me feel better sometimes. And, no, it is certainly not childish to like Disney. I mean, I can literally quote the entire Hercules movie without hesitation. And The Lion King, I watched it over break, it makes me cry when Mufasa dies! I don't usually cry during movies, either. I didn't cry during Titanic, nor did I during The Notebook or A Walk to Remember. But, I teared up during The Lion King. What's wrong with that picture?! Oy. Pocahontas also gives me a good feeling. I love it! Of course, I love Indians. I love the concepts, and I love the traditions...when I was little I had Kaya, the American Girl doll who was an Indian! She was my favorite. I think John Smith and Pocahontas are a really good couple in the movie! I mean she just teaches him so much, and he sees her differently. I think it's so cute when he aims his gun at her and then lowers it when he actually sees her. That look he gives her... so cute! And of course, Ariel the mermaid. Obviously I would like her. :)

"So...did they give you a name along with all those rippling pectorals?" -Meg






           
Starting off with Disney today! What else is new?! I've been sort of obsessed with tea lately. I had some tea this morning that was pomegranate white tea. It was amazing! And then I tried some that is called lemon mint herbal tea. That one was quality as well! Don't get me wrong, coffee is still awesome, but tea is better for you and still has a considerable amount of caffeine! Two in one! And, no, this has nothing to do with my Nutrition class...I have had to read two chapters of that this weekend. Those chapters are horribly slow to read...so I got one done yesterday that was 30 pages and successfully completed the notes. Chapter 3 is for today. I also had history and stuff to do. Anyway, nobody wants to hear about my academic efforts at this point!!

People in Texas here are so polite. I mean, you get your occasional polite gentleman in Colorado, but mostly EVERYONE is polite here. Welcome to southern hospitality. I'm hoping I fit right in, but I was going down the stairs yesterday and this guy was just starting to come up them. He turns around and proceeds to go back down a couple stairs and open the door for me and a couple of my friends! I mean, how wonderful is that?! So, gentleman from my beloved state, let this be a lesson for all of you! You guys are pretty good, fine, I'll give you that, haha but some people can learn from these Texas guys!


Church this morning was rather enlightening. It was a wonderful message. The speaker was reminding us that we sometimes tend to see God as a compassionate guy and some sort of BFF when that is not always the case. We spent time in Mark, chapter 1, and he reminded us that God with just a single word can defeat evil. He can take something away just that quick, yet he chooses to be compassionate. He casts the demons out with a single word, and they flee because they know He is boss. How cool is that?! His compassion is only an undeserved perk of being in a relationship with Him. We don't deserve it, yet He gives it without hesitation. Just something to remember.


I leave you with this...I need to remember that the simplest joy of my life right now is walking with Him through thick and thin. There is so much change in my life right now, and I get to walk with Jesus through it all. What else can compare?





 
"'I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.'"
-John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive