January 8, 2013

Mountain Fever

Hello Everybody!

I apologize for the delay in posting. But, I have to catch you guys up! So, this last week, I went back to Colorado to see old friends and renew some relationships. It was absolutely wonderful, and I wouldn't have traded that week for anything!

You know, friendship is a beautiful thing. Even when life keeps you apart for a year or two, some friends just never leave your heart. Even if you lose touch for a little while, you can come back together and it is like you never left. Being back in Colorado renewed some of my happiness. I love all my friends in Texas and I don't know what I'd do without them, but some of the people I saw back in Colorado just left me feeling happy and okay with where my life is right now. Not that I wasn't feeling that before, but God just gave me some peace with being back in Colorado. I didn't just see my friends, I saw some old family friends and it was great seeing them as well. I'm so glad I got to see most of my closer friends! It's funny, seeing those mountains again and feeling the cold in Colorado made me feel like I was finally home. I honestly can hope that it is in God's plan to bring me back there someday. No filter needed to see the beauty of those Rocky Mountains!



Another cool thing happened. Of course, I saw my dad and everything, but I needed to find a stethoscope for my clinicals next semester. Well, who better to ask than my dad who has had one his entire life? So, I ask him, and turns out he had an old one, a really good quality one, that he used during his career and being a paramedic and all of that. It turns out we had his old one down here in Texas. So, I will be using that one for clinicals. It's kind of a cool feeling, using my dad's old stethoscope. It feels like a 'passing the torch' sort of moment. I mean, it's not old, like I said, it's of very good quality and works like new. But there is something awesome about using my dad's stethoscope. All this medical stuff is something I feel close to my dad with. I feel like I can ask him advice and I can talk to him about it, which is a good feeling, considering it hasn't been that way with him with many things. One of my best memories with him is doing a cadaver lab with him my senior year of high school. My dad was the chaperone with our group and he was like a kid on Christmas day. You could tell he loved this stuff, and I got to share in that experience with him. He wanted me to experience that and I could tell he was excited to do that with me and see me experience what he had done a million times. This is kind of the same thing, I went to him for advice about the stethoscope and he was just all the more willing to help me. It made me realize that maybe I have forgiven him for everything. I don't have to be comfortable with his choices or anything, but him, as a person, I think I'm on the mend towards forgiving him as a person, which is a good feeling. There comes a point where you get tired of holding grudges and being bitter. Anyway, that's all I have for you guys for today! In less than a week, the beginning points of my career are going to happen! Just call me Nurse Morgan! :) haha.









"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory."
-Ephesians 1:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive