March 13, 2013

A Dandelion Seed

Things in this world classified as powerful usually have a huge effect on people. The cosmetic industry has power over girls. Pressure to hit the gym has power over guys. Finding a girlfriend has power over guys. Being loved has power over girls. Just think of one thing that has ruled your life at some point. For me, swimming ruled my life at one point. College has ruled my life at some points. What has held power over you? Maybe it's fear. Maybe it's worry. Maybe it's success.








Have you ever thought about the Gospel being powerful? Well, it is. The Gospel gets diminished by those who just think it's a set of rules or who think that it's just something to follow. Have you even fallen into that trap? I know I have. Oh, the Gospel, it's just something we follow, it's our doctrine. Well, so what? It is powerful. People are brought to know Christ every day. Christianity is huge in this world today. The Gospel should be powerful. Jesus dying on the cross for all of mankind? The Gospel of Jesus Christ should have power over our lives. Christianity has survived for centuries. How do you think that's happened?





The Gospel has the power to transform. When the seed is planted, God slowly waters it until it has noticeably grown above ground. Did you ever think that your actions explain the Gospel? People see those actions and see God work through it. God takes those opportunities to grow in our hearts. The Gospel is the most powerful form of transformation. It transforms the heart, that's why. When I'm faced with a big decision or when I'm faced with a moral decision, the tug of my heart in one direction is the Gospel pulling me in the right direction. The unease I feel when something happens is often the Holy Spirit awakening the Gospel inside of me. The Gospel is our doctrine, it is what we need to be sharing with people. That doesn't necessarily mean proclaiming your beliefs from a rooftop. The Gospel is powerful in so many ways - through verbalization, through actions, and through visible transformation. I feel like my heart has visibly transformed since my freshman year in high school. I've grown in my faith. The Gospel has to power to do that. Speaking the words that God loves a sinner as wretched as me, or you, with an unconditional love should have an unspeakable power about it. The words that God wants a relationship with you and is jealous (not in a petty way) for your attention should have an unspeakable power about it.




Where have you seen the Gospel transform lives? When has the Gospel transformed your life? It's just food for thought. Christ is powerful. His Gospel is powerful.It should be thought of as powerful. The Gospel has the power to free you from the chains of this world. What else can claim that and mean it?










"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed - a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith.'"
-Romans 1:16-17
 
"I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ."
-Galatians 1:11-12


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive