January 24, 2012

An Aha! Moment

Good Evening!


I have to share an awesome God moment that I had yesterday. After my last post, I was still feeling a little bit dejected with all those thoughts running through my mind. BUT there is this organization here at TCU and it's called Ignite. It is just an opportunity Monday nights for some of us to get together and worship, and just start off the school week correctly. Well, the worship in itself is what I needed, but the message was incredible. It was like SMACK!!!! And God was saying, "Morgan, this is what you need to hear right now." I mean, it wasn't exactly what I was talking about in my post last night, but it had every importance and related very well! It was such a great moment, and I just needed it. It's amazing what methods God employs for his followers to give them encouragement. I'm going to share a little bit with you...


When we see ourselves, it is like being in a hall of mirrors. You see bits and pieces of what you want to be and what this world has made you into. It may or may not be who you actually are, or who you actually want to be. The speaker was saying that we are always in an identity crisis...for my girls out there, thank you kindly, beauty industry. You know what I'm talking about. Cute clothes, pretty makeup, being 15 pounds underweight...For those guys out there, thank you very much Edward Cullen for setting unattainable standards girls now expect, right?! But we are in this identity crisis. We wonder who we are supposed to be, we wonder what we were meant to do, we wonder about God's plan, and sometimes just feel worthless. [At this point in the message, I was beginning to recognize some of these feelings...] But, we are a new creation in God. We were initially created in God's image. Every single one of us is "made good". "We are made perfect and beautiful, but not made for perfection" were the speaker's words last night. He touched on that theology does not start with us being a worthless human being full of sin. It never did, it started with us being made in God's image. Falling into sin is horrible, but our ugly sin is washed right over with God's grace. No matter how much we try to keep it together, we are incredibly broken, more than we can understand. But God continues and always will LOVE YOU. He loves me. He loves you. He loves His believers. Always. That is quite the comforting thought. :)


Anyway, this will probably be a shorter blog post than the others, but I just needed to share that moment with you guys, especially after my last post. For all my sisters in Christ out there... this book is one you NEED to read if you struggle with some issues I do. Anyone can read it, but it gave me an extra boost of encouragement. Please read it! It is more than worth it. It helps with so many things, and always gives me a good feeling after reading. I couldn't put it down! Even after reading it three times.


That's it for today! Oh, I hope you listened to Josh Groban (see previous post)!!!!!!! :) Thanks for reading.


ONE MORE THING TO REMEMBER:
At the end of the day... you are redeemed and loved. It's that simple.






"It is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."
-Ephesians 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive