January 29, 2012

Thoughts and Happenings

Hey guys!


Well, I have started reading my book. And, those who told me I wouldn't be able to put it down? You were right. I mean, I have some homework, but not important enough to put the book down! Coming from me, you know it's good. I've actually read the 496 page book this weekend. So, I'm finished with it. It literally made me tear up at the end. For some reason, Francine Rivers' books just kind of tug at your heart. I love it.

Anyway, it's been a pretty good week! I've been to Billy Bobs three days in a row now...so pretty tired from lack of sleep, but it was a very fun three nights! This week, I have to focus though...I have a test in Human Development, which won't be too bad as it is a review chapter. The class reminds me a lot of AP Psych...so yeah.

I watched the 10th anniversary version of Les Miserables today with my friend Caleigh! Oh my gosh. It is so amazing and it tugs at my heart every time I watch it. The emotion is so raw and the talent is absolutely incredible. I mean, I'm obsessed with Colm Wilkinson as Jean Valjean and Michael Ball as Marius, and I can't forget Philip Quast as Javert. There is so much courage in the characters. The soundtrack is on Itunes!!! Happy day :). I wish I had the musical talent to participate in these things. As I am content with the things God has blessed me with, I just think it would be such a fun job to perform. But, hey, let's leave that to the experts, shall we?
Lea Salonga as Eponine and Michael Ball as Marius
Colm Wilkinson as Jean Valjean

Philip Quast as Javert

Allana and Caleigh and I attended McKinney church this morning for a change from Christ chapel. I enjoyed it! The speaker was awesome and he was talking about taking that step of faith even when it involves trouble. That trouble is the first step God is leading you to in order to get you to the place He actually wants you to go. We get in this funk that God isn't supposed to let anything trying happen to us, but that is so wrong. Sometimes the greatest affliction is the greatest blessing. Sometimes those afflictions are God's way of bringing about the blessing we ask for. Speaking of this, I am so excited for Ignite tomorrow night!! :)

I hope you guys have had a wonderful week, and that your week starts off well! Thanks for reading.





"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
-Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive