February 13, 2012

A Bigger Definition of Love

Hello Everyone!


Wow, it has been awhile since I have blogged. Sorry, it's been pretty hectic in my world. First off, I'd like to thank all of you who have been praying and have been there for me. My friend Zach has been sending me texts that really do help me throughout the day. Those that have given me random hugs have made things better, and seeing my family this weekend really helped. I missed seeing my sister, but seeing my mom was great! :)


Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I don't hate the holiday, but it is certainly not my favorite. Sometimes it gets old seeing all the pink and red teddy bears and it's hard to keep my self control with all the chocolate around. If you're a girl, you know what I'm talking about. Guys...a word of advice... the teddy bear and chocolate is cute and everything, and the girls appreciate it, but some of us just want to spend time with you. Dinner is lovely, don't stop that, but the cheesy stuff gets a little mundane. I love stuffed animals myself, but if it's not too cold, going on a walk or watching your girl's favorite movie with her is a gesture much appreciated. Flowers are always a good idea, but maybe do something creative with the flowers. Like a dozen roses, have her find one rose at a time and then meet her at the end with you, yourself, and you. She won't be able to wait to get to you! Haha. Anyway, I know I'd like that stuff. If you girls are reading this and want something more elaborate...really?! Give the guy a break. There is already pressure on the guy it just being Valentine's Day. Just be happy to be with each other.


For those who see this holiday as Single's Awareness Day instead of Valentines Day, stop it!
hahaha so funny (I can relate)
 It is Valentines Day. You have plenty of people that you can show your love to. Friends, parents, siblings. The best way to get out of the love funk that you can be in is to give something to somebody else. It's the quickest way to make yourself happy! Bring joy to someone else's life! Stop being sorry that you don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend. Don't worry, I'm guilty of that too, but I try to remember that it's way bigger than my life. There are so many who are worthy of getting recognized on Valentines Day! So, challenge of tomorrow: tell somebody who isn't your significant other that you appreciate them!


Anyway, I've got a few busy, busy weeks ahead of me. Tests, papers, and getting over my cold! But, the biggest thing to remember is that God has everything under control...literally. My mom got me a very cute coffee mug that has part of 1 Corinthians 13:7 on it..."Love endures all things." In the context of Valentines Day and my relationship with God, His love really does endure all things. Everything that I've done, thought, and silently cursed...God loves me through it and even gives me forgiveness. That's the kind of love I'm talking about. Have a blessed week everyone, and Happy Valentines Day! I love all of you! :) Especially missing my twin this week...


Thanks for reading.


















"...neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
-Romans 8:39

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive