February 23, 2012

A Little "Me" Time

Salutations!

The stresses of my week are finally over! Yay!! :) Well, I'm just going to be talking randomly tonight. Just whatever comes to mind...

I was thinking earlier today how I really am an old-fashioned girl. I mean, when I really think about it. I love writing letters (how common is that nowadays?!); I love old black and white movies; I'm all about the old jewelry; I love getting lost in a book; I love old fashioned dates; I love taking walks along a river or anything; I like the good old natural way to get in shape (exercise); I love a guy offering me his arm (there has only been one guy that has done that for me without even knowing I liked it); I love hugs from behind; I like 90's music...I mean, I could go on. But that is really me...

I was also thinking that I really like drive in movies. I'm so sad they don't really have them anymore, because they would be so awesome! Especially on a summer night. I also really love just sitting and talking for hours on end about anything and everything. I love talking about life. There is a park in Colorado pretty close to my house called Daniel's Park. It is absolutely beautiful, and you can see gorgeous city views. It is the best place to stargaze, talk, and just enjoy people's company. I miss those Colorado hills and mountain views. Also, there is this wonderful park by my house and it is so perfect to go there at night and walk around and talk. I just love that time of night where the sun is setting and nobody is outside but it's just light enough. There is a sculpture of a big rock being held up by two hands. It's so fun to sit up there and do nothing and just wait for dusk to come.
Westland Park

I have also thought about this today...I really want a mountain house when I'm older. I mean, granted, if it works with my profession. But I have family friends who live in Pagosa Springs, and they have one, and it is literally my favorite place to go. They have a beautiful deck to watch the stars and watch the deer down in the valley below. It is incredible, and hiking is only a few minutes away. I don't know why, but I'm in such a night mood right now. Maybe that's because it is my favorite time to take a walk and contemplate life. I do that a lot.

These things are completely random, but you get to learn a little more about what I enjoy doing and why my heart is in Colorado. I love Texas, and it's definitely a part of me now, but Colorado will always have the majority of my heart. I'm sorry for those of you who are fiercely loyal to Texas... :P you will have to just learn how to love me haha. Well, for those of you who have read this, thanks for reading, and I love you all! Have a wonderful weekend.
View at Daniel's Park - literally. With random people, but that's beside the point.





"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent of praiseworthy - think about such things."
-Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive