August 16, 2012

Belonging

Goodness I have missed TCU. It's so amazing to be back. It's good to see everybody again and be back on campus. I really am excited for this next year. I just feel like I belong.

Wouldn't it be great if we felt like we belonged everywhere? You belong with your family, you belong in your house, you belong in a certain sport, and you belong with your group of friends. We don't belong with God. We don't belong anywhere near him. But, the cool part is that He still wants us there. He wants us to belong with Him.

I saw something the other day that said something along the lines of 'Life isn't about finding who you are, it's about finding the person God made you to be'. How awesome is that? I was just thinking about this. College is funny in making you try to become so many things at once. It's exhausting! I think the only thing I need to worry about is becoming a woman after God's own heart. What other things should I worry about anyway? I don't need to become something I'm not, and I don't need to become something everyone else wants me to be. But, chasing after the person God meant for me to be is the best idea I think I've heard. College is a learning experience; it's a growing experience; it's an enlightening experience. I think my most important experience, though, is growing in my faith - growing into the woman God planned for me to be all along. After all, I have always belonged to Him. That's the place I belong more than anywhere...walking with God.






"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."
-John 15:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive