October 29, 2012

Mini-Series: Insulin is Not a Cure

Hello everybody! I just wanted to let you guys know about this next month of November!!

Nationally, the month of November is recognized as....

Type 1 Diabetes Awareness Month

So, naturally, I must include this in my blog. From November 1st to November 30th, all my blog posts will be related somehow to diabetes. Diabetes has been a huge part of my life and has formed so much of who I am today. The story behind the title of my mini-series is pretty self-explanatory. Insulin is not a cure. It just keeps me alive. Many say, oh, well, people can live with diabetes, they have insulin! Sure, that's true. But, it doesn't take away the fact that I have an incurable autoimmune disease, that my immne system attacks my pancreatic cells.

This is not for me to tell you my sob story, I'm way past that. This mini-series is so I can create awareness, and hopefully make diabetes a little more real for you. Feel free on facebook or wherever to share my posts; the more people that are exposed to it, the bigger difference we make! Most of you reading my blog know me personally, and I'm just hoping talking about this disease hits home a little harder for those of you reading this. My life has certainly been affected by it as well have many lives around the world. Some of you know people who have type 1, or are very close with somebody who does. Here, I can afford a little insight. I will be talking about some stories and some of the things diabetes has made me realize during my life. People know about diabetes, but do they really know what it's like? I thank the Lord you don't exactly know what it's like, and I pray you never will.

And, if I have any diabetics out there reading this, I hope you find some encouragement through these upcoming posts. I do my best to try and see God in every situation. It's hard doing that when dealing with something like diabetes, but He is there, whether we see it or not. I'm very excited about this next month. I can't wait to share with you guys and hopefully I'll make an impression! Let's just power through.










"Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion..."
-Psalm 103:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive