March 29, 2012

Colors of the Wind - In Life

Hello friends!

I have been getting worse and worse at updating you guys on my life! Again, I apologize. I just have a very stressful next couple of weeks coming up. I will have had two tests this week, and a quiz, and another two tests next week. Plus two papers to start. Yay for nursing! Actually, I really do like it though. But what kinds of teachers do that to you?! I'll tell you what kind....nursing teachers who want to make an RN out of you in 4 years!!! :P Is it bad that when I wrote the second part of that sentence I thought of the Mulan song?

Anyway, I'm super excited for next year to room with my three other roommates! Caleigh, Ava, and Rebecca and I are living on the fourth floor of King next year! We got the last quad, and I'm actually alright with being on the fourth floor...more leg exercise for me!

You know what I learned yesterday while reading my nutrition textbook? I learned that too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. You know those little things called vitamins? Don't take supplements unless you aren't getting any of it in your diet, or you're an olympic athlete. If you really are a healthy person who tries to eat well, you will get your necessary allotments of vitamins daily. Too much of a vitamin can cause death! Isn't that crazy? And you thought you were healthy taking vitamin supplements.... but stick with vitamin C, it's good for you. We have also been talking about being culturally aware as a nurse. You know, if I eventually come upon a patient in the hospital who has never been employed, is on welfare, is not married, and has 3 kids with different fathers, am I going to just judge her because that is against my values? I don't know what she has been through. It will be my job to be a stable source of care to that person. I don't know, it's just something to think about, but quite a powerful concept. What if I had to walk a mile in her shoes? Okay, enough nursing/school talk. Sorry, I get carried away.

I've been listening to disney music on pandora for two consecutive days now. It makes me so happy! If you actually listen to the lyrics, it has some good lessons in it, especially the music from Pocahontas. It's so weird. Kiss the Girl just came on... I love that song so much! Ariel is still my favorite, but I am beginning to appreciate Belle and Tiana a little bit more. Wow, I can just get carried away talking about Disney, okay, I'll stop.

For those of you back in Colorado, I think it is a very high possibility of me staying in Texas for the summer and attending summer school here. I'm praying about it, but I think it may just be my best option. I don't like that I probably won't be home often, but I've got to do something and make some sacrifices for my career ahead. Also, if this is new news to you, go read my previous post. It gives more details. Like I've said before, my plan is not always God's plan. I can't exactly say no to it. :)

I have so many things running through my brain right now. It feels like a colorful wind inside my brain almost haha (to use a Pocahontas reference). I took this "stress" level test in Human Development today, and you add up your scores. A score over 300 is under the level of "major life crisis". Guess what? My level was 348. There are so many things going on between home and school and just life. I feel almost like I'm in a mid-life crisis. I am almost feeling like there is nothing for me back home. It's kind of a nagging emptiness that I'm trying to address. Colorado and the people I've met there have been a part of me for so long, it makes it hard to acknowledge the difficulties. I feel like I'm losing some aspects of my family, and some friends. Not all of you guys of course :) but it's hard not to feel like that. You all kind of know what's going on, but I don't explain my feelings very often. That's why this blog is good. I don't feel like I'm forcing people to listen to me. Part of this is probably coming from my stress and PMS? Maybe...maybe not haha. But there are certainly external factors contributing. According to that stress test, I'm going through a lot. The only thing I can say, because I have absolutely no room to complain, is that thank goodness God is constantly here with me. I don't know where I'd be otherwise. Much worse off most likely.

BUT...

God has placed wonderful people in my life to help me through stuff like this. People I have met here at TCU and a few of you still at home. Some lessons are hard to learn, and some don't adjust as well. But it's comforting to think...this journey only lasts a lifetime, and God's with us through it all. :) No matter what happens down here, God has much bigger plans. It's all I can do to just endure and be patient. I feel that I'm speaking for most of us when I say that. Alright, I have to get back to studying, but I hope you guys have had a great week and hopefully your weekends will be awesome!

As always, thanks for reading.







"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
-Revelation 21:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive