April 4, 2012

Tidings of Joy

Hello all,

Well. How is everyone? I hope you are doing wonderfully!

Easter is this weekend. How did that happen?! Time is going by so quickly. I am almost done with my freshman year of COLLEGE. I still remember last year at the beginning, I was like, wow, I'm going to college next year. Eh, whatever, it's still a little ways away. Ha, my first year is almost over now. People always tell you that college goes so fast and that you are ready to go to college. I didn't believe them until now. Even when I first moved in, I was like, wait, Mom, you're leaving me here? I'm not going with you? I didn't feel prepared. But now, I feel like I really was ready for college, just slightly apprehensive. Anyway, enough reminiscing.

Well, it's official. I'll be taking summer school here in Texas. I definitely have mixed feelings. I can't believe I won't be coming home to Colorado this summer. I may at the end for a couple weeks, but I won't be there. :( I mean, granted, it's only for one summer. And I am NOT looking forward to the humidity. For you texans who think I'm being a baby about the humidity, well, I am haha. What if you came to Texas from a state with only 3% humidity?! You'd be complaining too! But, anyway, to all my Colorado friends, I'm sorry. I miss you guys a whole lot, but this needs to be done so I can be a nurse! You guys have to keep in touch with me through skype or whatever! I miss you guys :( However, I am excited about it only because it means I will be an RN in four years! God is good!
**P.S. For those of you who are curious and just can't stand it, Phillip and I are doing quite well. :)**

So church this last weekend was really amazing. We don't have a college service this weekend, so they did an Easter celebration thing this last weekend. It was quite powerful. We started off with prayer and then they played a video (from The Passion of the Christ) that portrayed the crucifixion. We prayed after that and then sang, and it honestly moved me to tears as well as the girls around me. You know, this whole 'love' thing that we so often take for granted is incredibly powerful when put into context. Combine that with the movie, which makes me cry anyway, and those were some loaded tears! It really made me think, though. I hear the saying "What if you woke up with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?" and I say, yeah, okay, I get it. But I really don't. I never will. I don't feel like any of us will. The scene when Jesus actually dies and a raindrop falls from the sky is really powerful...taking that as God crying. I don't know, it's just such a powerful image. But, after all that, of course, we celebrated the resurrection! Yay! It just put things in perspective for me. Anyway, that was my experience.

Also, to bring a laugh to your day, my friend Cassie showed me this video, and I was laughing so hard. For all you Disney fans, it's even funnier! This guy is brilliant! Just watch it, it's worth it, I promise! Pay special attention to his facial expressions!


Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend, and HAPPY EASTER!!!! :D




 

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time."
-1 Peter 1:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive