May 6, 2012

It Builds Character...

Hello world!!




The light at the end of the tunnel....
Finals. The one word going through everybody's head. I know. It's been going through mine too. And you are in dire need of a study break if you are actually reading this. Or perhaps you are just procrastinating. I just needed to take a break and share a few things with you guys that have been on my mind lately and to give you some encouragement for finals week!!! (whenever your finals week may be)


So, I have been off my pump successfully for about two and a half weeks now. And, yes, please don't panic, I have been taking insulin shots. Otherwise I wouldn't be alive right now haha. Anway, it has been one of the most refreshing things I have ever been through. I did not realize how much my pump was on my mind subconsciously. Sometimes I almost freak out because I'm like, "Oh my gosh...where is my pump?!?" And then I calm myself as I realize I am taking shots instead. And it's quite freeing...I can wear clothes I normally would not wear. Like I wore a dress to church today. If I had my pump on, that would never have happened. This whole giving myself shots thing brings me back to the past. But it's a good thing.

I was kind of talking about this in my last post, but I am slowly realizing that even though I still am an introvert (big time), I want people to know about me. I want them to know who I am and what has changed my life. I've changed in some things since I left for college. I've grown as a person and have dealt with things I had been pushing down for a long time. I suppose that's one reason why I now have a blog, and for those of you who actually read my blog, I appreciate it. It's good for me, it's almost like keeping a diary only it's public. I really try and tell how I feel. Without the truth, there is no growing or discoveries. I tell you the good with the bad, but it's all been honest. I just feel like the people reading this right now actually want to keep up with me. And I appreciate that! :) My life journey only will last so long, might as well tell people about it!!

There was an awesome church service today. It was quite eye opening. So, we all know that verse - Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Okay, well it's a really great verse, and very encouraging in hard times. The thing about this verse when we read it, though, is to immediately think to a time in our life where things did not work out for the better and we automatically assume God is out to get us. That is a very selfish outlook on our part though we may not think so. Think about it. God works for the good of THOSE who love him. He doesn't work for the good of "your material happiness". He doesn't work for the good of "those who follow the rules". Of course He will always provide for your security and He wants you to be happy, but those trials we go through may be for the benefit of somebody else. What do we get out of it? The youth leader was saying that those trials are to make us more like Christ. The crucifixion was not for the good of Jesus, obviously not, it was for the good of all past, present, and future believers. In the end Christ was glorified through the crucifixion, but the whole process was obviously not what Christ wanted. But, he went through with the will of Heaven anyway. So our trials down here may not be what we want, but there is a difference in how people react. You can react one way by blaming God and saying it's all unfair, or you can pray and complete God's will. Through you, through your trials, you may touch somebody's life. That could lead them to Christ or could provide some desperate hope that they may have been looking for. The youth pastor gave an example of losing a loved one, and the question 'how is that working for good' is answered in that person was in heaven, first off, and another person came to know Christ because of it. I would much, much rather go through a hard time if that meant saving someone else or being Christ's example. That verse is great in hard times, but reading it in context with the rest of Romans 8 puts it in a whole new light. And out of your hard time, you may be more like Christ if you trust in Him. You may bring someone else to Christ who is watching you closely. You may grow in your faith. Through those not so ideal circumstances Christ is working in the world, through you. That's an awesome thought. And, as I like to say, our greatest blessings are a result of our greatest trials.


On that note, good luck with all of your finals!! Hopefully these lighten your mood a little bit during studying!....


















Thanks for reading guys! Best of luck for the end of the year!








"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."
-Proverbs 4:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive