May 2, 2012

Time Just Knows How to Fly

Hello all!!!

I hope your weeks have been not too stressful! If they have, well, I'm very sorry, but you're almost done!! I cannot believe I am almost finished with my freshman year of college!!!


Where in the world did the time go? I don't feel old enough to be a college sophomore. God has blessed me with so many things this year. He has brought some incredible people into my life and has helped me realize how much I can really take. My faith has strengthened this year so much. It's probably from being away from my home, my twin, and the people I depended on at home. I have stayed very close with some of you, and I'm so thankful for that. I'll always have a piece of home with me. Through experiences here at TCU, things going down with my dad, not swimming for the first year of my life, and adjusting to being away from my twin, I have learned a lot about myself. I suppose that sort of thing happens in college often. I've learned how I handle stress, not always very well, and I've learned how to give things up to God. Being alone and not having a parent breathing down your neck really makes a difference. I feel as if I've really grown into my faith. I've noticed how God is at work in my life and I appreciate the little things more. I would not have gotten through this year if I didn't have the strength that God continuously gives me. I've grown into the person I am and I am happy with it. This summer will be a new experience. I'm excited to see what God has planned for me, and I hope I have enough strength to go with it. I have so many more things to learn, but this year has certainly had its lessons for me.
Something awesome happened when I was working out in the rec center this morning... I was stretching, just getting done with some abs, and a guy and a girl ran by on the track, the girl lagging behind a little bit. The guy turned around and said, "Don't quit! Come on, don't give up!" I mean, how cool is that?! I just thought it was the nicest thing ever. That sort of encouragement should be given every single day.

I wrote a letter to my dad the other day after another bad conversation. It's a good five pages long explaining why I am upset with him and how I feel about our current relationship. I express myself better in writing. It keeps me honest. I suppose that's one reason why I started this blog. But, I haven't sent this letter to my dad yet. I think I want to though. It's not mean, it's just telling him my point of view. My goal is not to change him, but just to let him know that he has an upset daughter. So, that's a bit of news in my life.
For my Colorado friends... I may be home sometime in May because my summer school classes do not start until June. So, I will let you all know if and when that will happen. I'm not sure yet, so don't go making any extensive plans :P.

In church at the beginning of the week, the pastor was telling us that the Holy Spirit prays for us. Think about that. It basically blew my mind. God prays for us?! It just shows that we are always going to be taken care of (see verse below). Well, those are all the ramblings I have for you guys. But, one thing that this year has taught me more than anything is that there is always hope and despite this unstable life, I'm always going to have one stable thing in my life - God. He will always be there and He will not falter. Relationships come and go with friends and with people you meet, but He never fails to be there. 
Thanks so much for reading!






"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God."
-Romans 8:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive