May 8, 2012

Personal Message To My Looming 4 Year Nursing Journey Ahead

Okay nursing major...you've made your point. Quite effectively. You are not going to be easy. You're going to give me a run for my money. You're going to be difficult. You're going to test me to see how far I can go. You're going to watch me fall. You're going to push me. You're going to stress me out. You're going to watch as I just crawl through every finals week. You're going to watch me spend inexhaustible hours fighting for those grades. You're going to watch as I learn that failure as well as success is not always black and white. You're going to make me wish at some point that you were easier. You're going to make me cry. You're going to make me laugh - in desperation. You're going to try my patience. You're going to watch me panic over details. You're going to see me struggle.


~ ~ but you forget some minor details ~ ~


I don't shy away from challenges.
I will get right back up again if I fall.
I am never alone.
I know all about diabetes - you've got nothing on me. So don't try.
I have friends here who encourage me daily.
I work for what I get, and you bet I will work hard.
I am GOING to be a nurse, gosh darn it!
There's more to nursing than book work.
I already love my career.
I have abs of steel.

I also have a God who will never forsake me or leave me helpless.

Take it or leave it. I'm here to stay.






"I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me."
-Psalm 16:7


1 comment:

Blog Archive