May 14, 2012

Moving Forward...In More Ways Than One

Hello Everyone!

Well, summer is here. It has been a crazy last couple of weeks! I'm sitting in my new room for the very first time typing this! I mean, it's my first blog post that I wrote in my room. Quite frankly, my room looks like a hurricane hit it. I have stuff everywhere. I guess that's what you get when you just move in somewhere. I have most of my clothes unpacked and put in my closet and drawers, it's just the question of where to put everything else. Ahh!! I can stand a sort of messy room, but when it's this messy it just drives me nuts! Anyway, I love the new house. It's weird that only my mom and me are living in it right now. I'm going to help my mom with pictures and stuff tomorrow probably. But, the house is great and it will definitely be a new adventure this summer. It's nice having family nearby also. I just need to learn my way around. More updates will come soon as we start really settling in. But, tonight will be my first night actually sleeping in my new room and new house! We'll see how it goes!

Yesterday was Mother's Day. I want to wish all the mothers out there Happy Mother's Day! You guys really do a ton of work that we take for granted sometimes. I love my mom, and we've had our ups and downs, and although she's not my biological mother, she may as well be. :) I mean, she raised me, taught me my values, and helped shape me into the person I am today. So, thanks for all you do mom, and thanks to all the other mothers out there for doing what they do!! :) Make sure you tell your mom something you appreciate about her!

So, I was at church the other day and I keep forgetting to blog about this, but in churches you always see in the upper left or upper right corner, the sign language interpreter relaying the message to the people who can't hear it. I mean, they are always there, but do you ever find yourself getting caught up watching the interpreter? I do, all the time. It's interesting to see them sign things. I have a brief history of sign language, I learned some signs for some songs and all that jazz. I don't really remember them anymore, but I can sometimes recognize it. I just think it is really cool that those interpreters devote their time to relaying those sermons. Also, I think it really exemplifies the fact that anybody can grow in their relationship with Christ. Not that I never thought everybody could, but it's just kind of a cool thing. Just a worthy observation...

Alright, guys, well, back to unpacking the never ending boxes. I'll keep updating you guys and let you know what's going on with me in my first summer in Texas! Yes, the heat is already getting to me. I hope you guys have had a good beginning to summer! Here's to the end of my first year at TCU!
Thanks for reading.





"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves, to claim anything for ourselves, but our sufficiency comes from God."
-2 Corinthians 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive