June 14, 2012

Uplifting Serenity

Hello my friends!!

Well, that does it. Another week of summer school is behind me. And I pulled off two more A's!!!!! :) Yay. That's pretty darn good for only three days of lecture and lab for all the bones in the body! Next week is learning muscles! This is such a turn-around from my first experience with Anatomy and Physiology. You know, summer school really is not all that bad. I have discovered that I actually love school. Yeah, it's stressful at times, but I really do enjoy it. Especially now that I'm mostly taking actual nursing courses and learning about stuff I'm interested in. That makes things so much easier. I actually pay attention in my lecture class and it makes lab that much easier. I guess me doing it before contributes, but I'm able to look at things with a fresh eye and not have any other classes to worry about. So, there you go. A brief update on my summer school life.

So, this funny thing has happened lately the past two days. Yesterday the song White Flag by Chris Tomlin came on while I was driving home from lab. This morning, while driving home from lecture, the same song came on. AND after lab today, the same song was on. It was all in the same area too, so I was experiencing some major deja-vu! I wonder if God is trying to tell me something, or if it's just awesome!!! Nevertheless, I'm paying attention to it! I'll post the video/lyrics below for those of you who haven't heard it!

I'm sending Madison her birthday present this weekend! :) It should be entertaining. I have to get it first...but my mom and I are making a trip of it tomorrow. Also, I have made a resolution. This started on Tuesday. I want to be healthier. Not only is it just good in general, it is good with my medical problems as well. Since I have stopped swimming (I miss it sometimes...), I have grown sort of lax about stuff like that. I think I have just wanted to keep things as they were when I was swimming. But, it's time to face the facts. I'm not swimming anymore like I used to, so other things need to change as well.

Anyway, it has been a pretty happy week for me. I've felt sort of uplifted this week I suppose. :) Thank you, God! Anatomy is finally going the way it should be going, and I'm enjoying meeting some people at UNT! God has been speaking to me through song this week, just when I'm driving to and from UNT, the songs on the radio (obviously a Christian channel) have lifted my spirits. Even this stifling heat in Texas hasn't brought down my mood when I miss snow so much! Anyway, I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend, and I hope you've been uplifted this week as well! :) If you need encouragement or just someone to talk with, text me! I'm more than happy to talk with you and hopefully encourage you! :) The best way to make yourself happy is to do something awesome for somebody else without expecting anything in return. Make use of that this weekend for Father's Day!! :) Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there (including mine)! And, of course, how else can I end this post but by saying.....thanks for reading.






"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."
Romans 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive