June 21, 2012

A Year For Reflection

Hello all,

~ ~ ~
"A hug is a great gift - one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange."
-Unknown
~ ~ ~

Well, that's it. I'm nineteen. You know what that means? It means I've survived my first year of college; it means I've grown in my faith since I left home; it means I now have a house in Texas; it means I understand more of my limits; it means I've discovered my love for nursing; it means I've seen the day where my sister and I are separated for more than a week; it means I've learned a whole new meaning to the word forgiveness; it means I've learned my faith is a matter of my heart in its entirety; it means I have survived living with Type One Diabetes for 17 years now; it means I can continue to learn how to love those important to me.

You know, it's funny. Every year I turn a year older (haha state the obvious, I know...). But, this year is different. Every year, you look forward to being a little older, a little wiser...but it doesn't necessarily happen that way. This year, though, I feel I grew quite a bit. I've grown in my faith certainly, I've grown in being on my own without somebody holding my hand along the way, and I've realized even though I'm living in a different state right now than the last 18 years of my life, those people who mean the world to me can still be a part of my life.

Those of you who know me well understand this past year has been somewhat rough. There have been plenty of awesome things, but plenty of growing experiences. Thank you to those of you who have been there for me throughout it all. I can't tell you how much it means to me.

Throughout this past year I've learned more and more that God has some incredible plans for people. I can only be open to and pray about the one He has for me! In my college essay, I wrote something about a pebble causing ripples when dropped in a pond. Well, the little things can sometimes have the biggest effect. Thank you all for the birthday wishes (!!!), and, as always, thanks for reading. :)






"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run an dnot grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive