July 8, 2012

The Littlest Thing

Hello Everybody!

Wow, I apologize for the delay in posting. I just haven't had the chance to blog in the last week. Let me catch you guys up on what my mind has been pondering...

I am done with Anatomy and Physiology I!! :) I won't know my final grade until tomorrow, but it's a relief, and I did decidedly better than before. So, that is wonderful news. However, I do start Anatomy and Physiology II tomorrow. So much for a break haha. It's alright. Only a little longer and I'll have that class out of my hair forever! Wish  me luck! Now, most of you know I am afraid of bugs. Now, here in Texas, bugs are everywhere! I have discovered something in the last few weeks. I think I have a legit bug phobia. I get abnormally scared when something flies at me or even if I see a dead locust sitting on the ground. It's not normal which is why I think it is a legitimate phobia haha. Awesome. But not really. My heart rate literally races whenever I see a bug or think one is on me! And it's not how it feels when I'm normally startled, it's a legitimate fear! I was on a walk the other day and came across a dead locust in my path. I knew it was dead, but it still scared me and I probably jumped 3 feet in the air! It was terrifying. Haha, so, that is something I've been discovering.

me + an actual Texas sunset
On to some more serious topics...I just wanted to let all you Texans know that I love the sunsets here in Texas. In Colorado, sometimes the mountains cover the sunset colors, but you can see everything here in Texas just because everything is so flat haha. But, hey, those sunsets are definitely awesome! :) They make up somewhat for the lack of mountains. Not a whole lot can beat those Colorado mountains.One thing that I've been pondering lately is something little, but something so true. I'll keep it brief, but it's easy to forget that the littlest things can make a difference. Just the littlest thing can touch somebody's heart. You just never know what a person needs to hear. Or you never know what can hurt somebody. Most of us have had personal experience with both circumstances.I've had experience with both in the last week. My dad said something that actually hurt me, it didn't make me angry, it really hurt me. I didn't even talk to him directly, I heard it through the grapevine. It's like he will talk about me like I don't mean anything whether I'm there or not. However, I've also talked to people this last week who have made me smile and love life. It's just, food for thought. Mean what you say. Be careful with what you say. Most of all, think about the effect your words will have. That's always something to remember. I hope you guys are doing well, and of course, thanks for reading.







"A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."
-Luke 6:45

1 comment:

Blog Archive