October 10, 2012

I Believe...

"A faith is a necessity to a man. Woe to him who believes in nothing."
-Victor Hugo
 
 
 
I believe in a lot of things in this world. I believe in miracles; I believe in love; I believe in wearing sweatpants in the winter; I believe in making good decisions; I believe in identity; I believe that a teddy bear can make everything seem more bearable; I believe that tea is better for you than coffee (even though I drink coffee); I believe that people have good in them; I believe in staying in and watching movies all day in bad weather; I believe in getting lost in a good novel every now and then; I believe that hiking in the mountains is one of the best experiences in the world; I believe in the power of just a smile; I believe that vegetables have nutritional value; I believe in the power of transformation; I believe in God.
 
I believe in FAITH.
 
Who are we in this world without faith? Who are we without believing in something?? You say you don't believe in miracles. What do you see around you every single day? Do you stop to appreciate the beauty in life? You say you don't believe in love because you were hurt in the past. How did that help you develop? Do you know what person God has in mind for you (PS - no, you don't)? You say you don't believe in wearing sweatpants in the winter. My only question: who are you? Hopefully you believe in making good decisions. Hopefully you believe that you have a unique identity. You say you don't believe in teddy bears making things better. Have you ever hugged one and just cried it all out? You say you don't believe in the power of transformation. Have you read 2 Corinthians 5:17?
 
You say you don't believe in faith. How do you get through life? Faith has healing powers. Faith keeps you going when times seem impossible. Faith is the glue that holds things together. Faith is a continuous journey that helps maintain your focus. I believe faith is a priceless gift that is given to us in a world full of scattered ideals. I don't want to know where I would be or who I would be without my faith.
 
 
Questions? Thoughts? Let me know!
morgantturley@gmail.com
Or...leave a comment.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen."
-Hebrews 11:1

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your feedback! :) I appreciate it!

    Learning never stops even when it's about a topic you've heard about millions of times! We all have unique points of view that everyone can learn from. Thank you for taking the time to read :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive