October 4, 2012

Take Me Through the Sand

Hello my friends!

Boy, has God pulled me through these past three crazy weeks, and blessed me along the way!!!! I want to thank you all who have helped me get through everything and with all my stress! My tests and such have all gone well!! Thank the Lord! Guys, my A2 test went well, which is super exciting, and hopefully I'm on my way to clinicals next semester! :) These important tests that just ended yesterday all went relatively well. Thank you, Lord for giving me the gift of knowledge when I needed it and the endurance to manage my emotional/school stress these past three weeks! Now, I have fall break to look forward to!

Also, guys, Les Miserables was AMAZING. It was one of the best experiences of my life, and I'm still pretty much in awe that Phil took me to go see it. You know, I didn't care where we were in the theater, who I sat next to, all I cared about was that I was seeing Les Miserables live!!!! It was a beautiful production. I will never forget it and I only appreciate it that much more.

I can't even tell you guys how much lighter my heart feels. God has just pulled me through. I didn't know how I was going to survive these last three weeks. Surely, something would go awry. It just shows that you have to trust and you have to know that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. I've thought about that lately...the statement that God doesn't give you more than you can handle is kind of an oxymoron to the theme of my blog. My theme is the poem "Footprints in the Sand". Isn't that when God carries you because you can't handle things anymore? When you see one set of footprints in the sand, that is where God carried you? Well, you would never see only one set of footprints if you could handle everything God gave you, right? Wrong. I think we don't know how much we can handle. I think we give up. We are presented with a situation and we just crumble and don't know how to go on. We immediately lose our trust in God's timing and God's plan. We say we can't handle it. We say how could God ever give us something like this in our lives? We give up. That's what happens. That's when God picks us up and says, "Ok, I will help you get started again. I am always here." I think God puts us in those situations as well to remind us that we can't do anything without Him. He is there supporting us through thick and thin with things that we can handle, but believe we can't. It's good, it gives us an opportunity to lean into God and realize how vulnerable we are. But as humans, our spirits can be so weak, I know mine can, and we find it easier to just give up. That's when that one set of footprints shows up. I know my journey for the past three weeks has been one set of footprints. And here I am, in one piece, because God pulled me through. I hope you guys have an awesome weekend. Thanks for reading.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
-Psalm 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive