July 21, 2013

It's Not About You...Again

So, I have a blogger app on my phone. I was messing around with it earlier and going back to read an old post because I saw a facebook status that reminded me of it. I wanted to post the link. But, I started re-reading it and I saw a comma was missing so one of my sentences almost didn't make sense. So, because I'm a grammar nazi and I just need the correct punctuation, I edited it and pushed the save button. Well, it moved that post up to the top of all my other posts. So, being a genius who just woke up, I pressed the delete button because it would have put all of my other posts not in order. Realizing what I just did, I panicked and immediately went on my computer to see if it actually deleted that post off of my blog. It did. And here I am. So then I got to thinking, well, I can't get that post back, but I can certainly re-visit the topic. And here it is.


Meeting someone who thinks he/she did something so horrible that God can't forgive them is discouraging for Christ believers because we know that's not true. But, if you've ever encountered a person like that, you know they are hard to talk to because they always come back to the same complaint. God can't forgive me for what I've done. He can't possibly forgive a thing like that. Well, news flash, He can. More and more I have come to know those people as somewhat selfish.

 
For the people that have that mindset, I often just want to tell them to get over themselves. What they have done isn't worse than what someone else has done in their lifetime. It's Not About You. It's not about what you have done, what sin you have committed. In God's eyes, sin is sin. One sin is not ranked higher than the other so He has to give you more forgiveness for it. On Earth, we like to rank sins. Stealing can be a misdemeanor. Murder deserves the death sentence. In God's eyes, all sin deserves a death sentence. Luckily, He took care of that for us a long time ago. It's Not About You. This self-defeatist attitude I've been talking about comes from being selfish and only pitying what plight you're in.

This is all about what God has done for you; this is all about what God has done for me. Don't insult God's offered gift because you feel like you can't be forgiven. Sin is sin in God's eyes. One is not worse than the other. Those who struggle with feeling as if they can't be forgiven, I've got a message for you. It's not about you. It's not about what you've done. It's about what God has given to you no matter where you are in life. God wants you, He wants a relationship with you. Don't run, because life will always catch up with you anyway.







"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."
-Ephesians 2:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive